Skip to main content

From MAGGI to MEALS



Not much of a post...
I was reading all of my old posts and just laughed and laughed. I'm so glad that I did this blog, because it was so nice to go back and relive those memories! Thanks to Rashmi I'm hoping I'll feel inspired now to keep it up again. Well…who knows???

Housewife is a Profession too!

Honestly speaking…I am finally getting a handle on my life. I'll tell you depression can take a toll and sometimes you don't even realize it. It can creep up on you and turn you into someone you never knew you could be.


Maggi is no more a part of lunch/dinner for me. Maggi was a part of my life b4 marriage. Sharing maggi with co-workers @ lunch time and njoying it with my family is the bestEST moment ever in my life... Though...Meal is now all about a perfect plate of rice/dal/curry/yoghurt/salad n all...
I'm not a perfect house keeper. I try to keep it clean. I sweep, vacuum and dust almost every day, but it doesn't look like a museum either ;) But when this depression set in, my house began to look like I didn't care anymore. You know I didn't go on any medication, I simply started video chatting to all my people. Weekly and now, daily. I got out of depression now. I feel glad whenever I think about my loving husband. I have one kid “My husband”. My life is looking really good right now. So why was it I was unhappy. Because I didn't take time out for me! Or say, I didn’t take time out for blogging.


Girls, you have to put yourself first. If you don't take care of you, no one will. (Here…I miss my mom badly:( .Before marriage, I used to have a career, work out, stayed healthy and fit, had a social life, took time out for a bath and a book. But things do change after marriage. I no longer have a schedule to follow, I get lazy basically, I gained weight, I lost contact with many of my associates, and I quit taking time for myself unless it was on the laptop. The laptop became my escape. Problem was it took me away from the house, my health and my routine. That wasn't good.

Today I have a schedule again. You may think well why, you're only a house wife. Because being a house wife is like any other profession. If you want it to work you need to run it like a well oiled machine. Which includes every element I need to feel like I am functioning at my best. Once again I have a career (Now a bit of family life, roamin around Int City) health and fitness, a social life(though less communities than before), and a little time for me and for hubby.

This part will continue soon with new situations and few of my experiences as a house wife :) Waiting for the day to come with lots and lots of fun which wud leave back beautiful memories so that I can come back n blog it:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a woman - A Woman of Substance...

Every woman carries her responsibility differently. Please don’t compare . A woman wakes up early and gets ready. She prepares her kids for school. She makes breakfast for the entire family. Serves breakfast. She prepares lunch and dinner. She makes her kids do homework. She manages household chores like dusting, watering plants, washing clothes and ironing them. Makes sure, her house is clean all the time. A woman, a housewife has a lot of things to do. No need to count them. No one can count them either. On the contrary, there is another woman, who is not a homemaker, but a working mum. She wakes up. Makes food for everyone. She sends her kids to school. Leaves for work leaving some household chores, which she does anyway after coming back. Now here, don’t you feel she needs some rest? Don’t you feel she needs some help? Domestic help? Why calling her husband or someone from the family for help is considered to be deplorable? I agree with the fact that eve

Cheers to 8 amazing years of togetherness.

I had no idea what marriage entails. Marriage, like everything else in life, cannot be taught or understood before it is lived. It needs to be felt. Sometimes it feels joyous, sometimes it hurts. There are married couples who claim they are still madly in love. For them, marriage doesn’t require major adjustments or sacrifices. They naturally know how to keep each other happy, how to live a perfectly balanced and harmonious life. But for us, we struggled with such concept of a perfectly harmonious marriage because ours’ was far different from it. I even thought something was dreadfully wrong with our marriage by comparing our relationship to other people’s. I thought we were an anomaly. We used to swim through turbulent waters ineptly. We even survived a few tsunamis together. Despite such accidents, we swam gawkily and rose above the surface.  It’s certainly not the prettiest picture of marriage but perhaps the most realistic, the one that helps marriages last a lifetim

On being called the #f-word

A woman usually has to face what almost all brown and healthy women go through - being reproved for the colour of the skin or the size she is …and being told that she is too tall, too short, too fat or too dark. The #TOO part of every word is bizarre, I feel. Here in this post, I am sharing few experiences of my friends who went through or are still going through such illogical ideologies of our so called society… My friend’s aunt would keep asking her mum to do ‘ubtan’ - a home remedy with home ingredients including chickpea flour, curd etc. to ‘lighten’ my friend's skin tone. A lot of face packs, several parlor sittings, face washes etc and comments were a part and parcel of her growing up years.   WHY? I don’t get the point that why a girl always has to be white or wheaty? Isn’t she beautiful when dusky or dark? Isn’t she a golden hearted? Another friend of mine was asked to eat sprouts for her breakfast, 2 rotis and 1 bowl dal for lunch and salad f